Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Top Ten Albums of 2006: Recap (+ Bonus Round!)

Whew! That was really hard!

As I mentioned in the kickoff four and a half weeks ago, 2006 was the most difficult year for picking a top ten that I can remember. So many great releases and so difficult to settle on an order! To recap:

Top Ten Albums for 2006
  1. Sound Mirrors – Coldcut
  2. The Eraser – Thom Yorke
  3. So This Is Goodbye – Junior Boys
  4. Burial – Burial
  5. 24 Hours – The Kleptones
  6. Harmony In Ultraviolet – Tim Hecker
  7. Body Riddle – Clark
  8. Days To Come – Bonobo
  9. The Information – Beck
  10. Hello Everything – Squarepusher
Honorable Mentions:
I think I'll start earlier next time, and pledge to have my next Top Ten done by the end of January 2007. :-)

And now as a bonus for all those of you who waited patiently for the main event, here's the rest of the notable musical releases from 2006 IMHO:

Song of the Year

Best Live Album of 2006

Best DJ Mix of 2006

Best Album of 2005 That I Didn’t Discover Until 2006

Biggest Disappointment of 2006

Agree? Disagree? Just feel like commenting? Let me know what you think!

No comments: