Sunday, February 25, 2007

Top Ten Albums of 2006: Kickoff

I can't remember any year in this decade that I've had as much trouble deciding on my personal Top Ten as I've had for 2006. That's a big part of why it took me to the end of February to get them posted -- I couldn't decide!

There was no shortage of releases (is there ever?), and no shortage of really outstanding ones either. I had significantly more than ten releases that seemed deserving this year, and they were all so different that I couldn't figure out how to rank them. Anyone who's ever done this knows that the ranking is always totally arbitrary to begin with, but forcing yourself to decide on an order for your list is part of the fun.

So over the next few days I'll be posting my Top Ten Albums for 2006, building up to the Album of the Year. Stay tuned, and keep those comments coming!

No comments: