Saturday, October 28, 2006

Tops of My Pops for 10/22/06

A weekly look at what I'm listening to, from my Last.fm user stats:
Top Artists for the week ending Oct. 22, 2006
1. Four Tet
2. Squarepusher
3. Eagles Of Death Metal
4. Junior Boys
5. Pop Will Eat Itself
6. Kanye West
7. David Bowie
8. Public Enemy
8. The Infesticons
8. Underworld
On the new music front, Squarepusher's excellent new album Hello Everything is, well...excellent. Lots of tasters from all his many different styles and moods, but almost all of it injected with a little sunshine. Much has been made of the "lightness" of this release, but with an artist like Tom Jenkins it's never dumbed down for mass consumption. All in all amazing to see that he's nowhere near running out of ideas here at album number ten!

Got ahold of a copy of Four Tet's DJ-Kicks finally, and I have to say I find it to be a more satisfying mix than his Late Night Tales contribution. Received Death By Sexy by Eagles Of Death Metal a week or so ago, and I have to say I'm enjoying it at least as much as Peace Love Death Metal, which is to say a hell of a lot more than I expected in either case.

I also broke down and tried out the online store at la la, by buying a copy of the "Hero Theme" single by The Infesticons (aka Mike Ladd). A favorite track of mine already, this disc came with with some nice remixes as well, and proof that the la la retail option is pretty darned painless.

See also:
The 'Tops of My Pops' archives

No comments: