Friday, September 29, 2006

Tops of My Pops for 9/17/06

A weekly look at what I'm listening to, from my Last.fm user stats:
Top Artists for the week ending Sept. 17, 2006
1. Mogwai
2. Ze Frank
3. Laraaji
3. Junior Boys
5. Speedy J
5. The The
5. Kanye West
5. Thom Yorke
9. DJ Krush
9. Massive Attack
My stats accuracy is in question this week, as Apple's iTunes 7 release seems to have broken iScrobbler's ability to report to Last.fm. I'm sure Damaged will have an update out soon to fix the issues, but in the meantime Tops of My Pops is gonna be kinda hosed. Inconvenience aside, I really like the enhancements that Apple's made to iTunes this time around -- particularly it's addition and enhancement of CoverFlow, the Little Indie App That Could.

Things that stand out for me in this week's list are the discovery of a (stale) Mogwai podcast from around the time of their full-length before last, Happy Songs For Happy People. Several live performances were included in it, as well as a few early rarities. Wish they were still updating it. Likewise, I caught up on the Thom Yorke video podcast eminating from XL Recordings. Had some interesting and suitably abstract stuff to tease the fans leading up to his excellent solo release.

Last and by no means least, I spent some quality time with the Junior Boys new In The Morning EP, showcasing their mighty musical leap forward coming up on their new album. Loved all the tracks here and can't wait to dive into the full-length.

See also:
The 'Tops of My Pops' archives

No comments: