Saturday, June 17, 2006

Jamie in the basement

Super-technodelic one-man soul explosion Jamie Lidell will be the guest on the June 18th episode of MTV2's Subterranean. I encourage all of you to suffer through host Jim Shearer's painful presence in order to discover what a natural born entertainer Jamie is.

If you haven't discovered Jamie's addictive soul drenched debut disc Multiply, then you need to get with it immediately. I got to catch the second half of his set at Coachella a few months ago, and it was easily one of this year's highlights for me. I managed to snap a few pictures from the back of the tent, but there's no way to capture the fun and energy of his one-man show -- you just have to see it to believe it.

He's also just released an EP of remixes and new renditions called (cleverly enough) Multiply Additions. Haven't had a chance to hear it yet myself, but rumor has it the Luke Vibert remix of “A Little Bit More” is the show-stealer.

No comments: