Friday, June 09, 2006

Festival madness

The other day I was sharing my pictures from this year's Coachella Festival with a friend in the UK, when he mentioned that he was going to “the Scottish version.” Sure enough, he is. I've never heard of T In The Park (living the sheltered American life that I do) but it looks like a hell of a lineup.

Wish I could be there...then maybe I could finally see Coldcut live (may you never be forced to choose between seeing Coldcut, Massive Attack or Mogwai). Their latest album was a terrific mish-mash of sounds and styles, with guest vocalists galore. Not that's a studio release would resemble one of their legendary live v/dj sets -- how do you possibly get the lawyers to let you release something like that? Come to think of it, I've got no idea how they were able to re-release Journeys By DJ: 70 Minutes Of Madness. It's wall-to-wall pop culture plundering musical nirvana!

No comments: