Sunday, July 08, 2007

Tops of My Pops for 7/8/07

A weekly look at what I'm listening to, from my Last.fm user stats:
Top Artists for the week ending July 8, 2007
1. Ulrich Schnauss
2. Bonobo
2. Renegade Soundwave
2. Spoon
5. Rage Against the Machine
5. Wagon Christ
5. The Church
5. Radiohead
5. Lamb
10. The Sea and Cake
Too much working and not enough time listening to music (what else is new?) but there was one extremely bright spot this week: Ulrich Schnauss.

Goodbye (along with the Quicksand Memory EP) is simply amazing. With this new material he's shifted even further into dreamy alt-pop territory, frequently putting the guitars front and center and making liberal use of vocals throughout.

If you buy only one nu-gaze release this year, I'm thinking this is it.

See also:
The 'Tops of My Pops' archives

No comments: