Thursday, December 14, 2006

Tops of My Pops for 12/3/06

A weekly look at what I'm listening to, from my Last.fm user stats:
Top Artists for the week ending Dec. 3, 2006
1. Outkast
2. Clark
2. Icebreaker International & Manual
4. Speedy J
4. Moloko
6. David Bowie
6. Marvin Gaye
6. Underworld
6. Tears for Fears
6. Sondre Lerche
The big news this week is Clark's fantastic new release, Body Riddle. I remember him from several years back when he still went by his full name, but the music was simply solid IDM -- breaking no new ground. On this one he's freed himself from most of the trappings of IDM altogether and has taken a huge leap forward into a unique new style, almost a strangely organic/electronic sound. Definitely worth seeking out!

FYI Dept:
  1. This is the second time Outkast has topped my charts since I started posting them here. I wouldn't read too much into it though, as I'm making a concerted effort to rate my unrated tunes lately.
  2. Icebreaker International & Manual's Into Forever remains, four years after it's release, one of my favorite ambient albums.


See also:
The 'Tops of My Pops' archives

No comments: