Saturday, December 16, 2006

Tops of My Pops for 12/10/06

A weekly look at what I'm listening to, from my Last.fm user stats:
Top Artists for the week ending Dec. 10, 2006
1. Prince Paul
2. Burial
3. Harold Budd
4. Fat Jon & Styrofoam
5. Massive Attack
5. Harold Budd, Simon Raymonde, Robin Guthrie & Elizabeth Fraser
7. Trüby Trio
8. Kruder & Dorfmeister
9. Shriekback
9. The Stooges
As I mentioned last week, I'm trying to spend some serious time lately listening to unrated music in my library. The end result is my charts are looking more bizarre than usual. In that spirit I worked my way through Prince Paul's Psychoanalysis (What Is It?) and Itstrumental (the latter of which I think is the stronger album), as well as various unrated catalog tracks by Harold Budd, Trüby Trio, K&D, and Shriekback.

Listened to and enjoyed Fat Jon & Styrofoam's collaboration The Same Channel, finally got to hear the b-sides disc of Massive Attack's Collected (the DualDisc wouldn't fit in the drive slot of my PowerBook so I had to get a friend to rip it for me), and had a few minutes of nostalgia with The Stooges' first album. Burial is still sounding awesome.

FYI Dept:
  1. The Moon And The Melodies is nearly my favorite Cocteau Twins album, even though it's technically a collaboration with Harold Budd.


See also:
The 'Tops of My Pops' archives

No comments: