Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tops of My Pops for 11/12/06

A weekly look at what I'm listening to, from my Last.fm user stats:
Top Artists for the week ending Nov. 12, 2006
1. Renegade Soundwave
2. K-OS
3. Underworld
4. Bonobo
5. Jamie Lidell
6. David Bowie
7. Squarepusher
7. Massive Attack
7. DJ Shadow
7. Primal Scream
Ah, the glory that was Renegade Soundwave...I just never get tired of those guys. Snagged a copy of RSW 1987-1995 and have been enjoying hearing all those old favorite remixes. Truly, they were far ahead of their time.

I went on an iTunes Store spree and picked up four Underworld EPs from the Beaucoup Fish era: Bruce Lee, Jumbo, Push Upstairs and King of Snake. There are some great reworkings in the batch like "King of Snake (Fatboy Slim Remix)", along with a few duds like "Bruce Lee (Buffalo Daughter Remix)" but I don't regret the convenience of being about to download these hard to find goodies with the click of a mouse.

Can't wait for the new k-os disc to drop in the states. In the meantime, I'm just rockin' the old stuff....

See also:
The 'Tops of My Pops' archives

No comments: