Saturday, November 04, 2006

Tops of My Pops for 10/29/06

A weekly look at what I'm listening to, from my Last.fm user stats:
Top Artists for the week ending Oct. 29, 2006
1. DJ Cam
2. Squarepusher
2. Richard Cheese
4. Amon Tobin
5. David Bowie
6. Primal Scream
7. Depeche Mode
8. Moloko
8. Lamb
8. Greater Than One
Squarepusher's still holding his own with Hello Everything, being the only really new thing in my Top Ten this week. What a fantastic album – and it just gets better with every spin!

Looking at the oldies, I just got a new copy of DJ Cam's DJ-Kicks thanks to la la. I enjoyed this mix considerably more than I did back when it was first released in 1997. I liked downtempo and trip hop as much if not more back then as I do now, but for some reason his French take on the scene just didn't work for me back then.

Received Richard Cheese's 2002 opus Tuxicity as well. Nobody can kick a lounge version of "Baby Got Back" like Dick.

See also:
The 'Tops of My Pops' archives

No comments: