Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Not enough records, too much time

All you serious music fanatics should make a point to check out the pretty nearly daily review blog A Look Inside My Record Collection. It belongs to d.n.l., both one of my oldest friends and one of my earliest musical mentors. He's been a music journalist of one stripe or another for close to thirty years now, which works out well since he loves music and and loves writing about it.

We met back when he was working at the local indie record store and I was a teenager eager to discover new sounds. At first I thought he liked everything, but I quickly realized he was actually a very discriminating listener...with the broadest and most diverse musical tastes of anyone on the planet.

The point of his blog is straight forward enough: to review records from his personal collection. To this day I've only met one other person with a larger record collection than d.n.l. and I still have yet to meet anyone with even a fraction as much musical knowledge. I can guarantee you that you'll be entertained, surprised and more educated than you were before you started reading it.

No comments: