Sunday, February 10, 2008

Best Music of 2007

It's my Top Ten for 2007...finally!

I realize I said this for 2006 too, but last year was a fantastic one for music. So much so that I struggled for a month deciding which albums would make it into my list. Usually each year I try to write up a review of my top albums, but it's February now and I haven't found the time yet. Since I don't see that changing anytime soon, I give up. Here's my list, straight up:

Top Ten Albums for 2007
  1. In Rainbows - Radiohead
  2. Year Zero - Nine Inch Nails
  3. Sound of Silver - LCD Soundsystem
  4. Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga - Spoon
  5. The Shepherd's Dog - Iron & Wine
  6. From Here We Go Sublime - The Field
  7. And Their Refinement Of The Decline - Stars of the Lid
  8. Kala - M.I.A.
  9. Untrue - Burial
  10. Goodbye - Ulrich Schnauss
Honorable Mentions:
Yeah I know that's a lot of runners up, but there were way more than ten great albums this year!

And now as a bonus for all those of you who so patiently , here's the bonus round:

Song of the Year

Best Live Album of 2007

Best DJ Mix of 2007

Best Album of 2006 That I Didn’t Discover Until 2007

Biggest Disappointment of 2007
Agree? Disagree? Just feel like commenting? Let me know what you think!

('*' = not a DRM-free link)

See also:
Review: "Year Zero" by Nine Inch Nails (that's right – the only top ten review I managed to get done)
Top Ten Albums of 2006: Recap (+ Bonus Round!)

2 comments:

Rich said...

Two words: Icky Thump

Unknown said...

But Rich, there's no room for The Whites in my top twenty -- the year was that good!