Sunday, May 20, 2007

Tops of My Pops for 5/20/07

A weekly look at what I'm listening to, from my Last.fm user stats:
Top Artists for the week ending May 20, 2007
1. DJ /rupture
2. DJ Andy Smith
3. Nine Inch Nails
4. Meat Beat Manifesto
5. Outputmessage
6. Squarepusher
7. The Decemberists
7. Loscil
9. DJ Shadow
10. Radiohead
10. The Sea And Cake
10. Portishead
10. Josh Rouse
10. Fila Brazillia
10. Dub Syndicate
Spent some time time week rockin' some mixes I'd been sitting on for awhile from DJs /rupture and Andy Smith. Both were quite tasty, with Smith's The Document II certainly a worthy successor to his first and DJ /rupture's Minesweeper Suite being one of the best drum 'n' bass/jungle sets I'm heard captured on disc in a long time.

I've just discovered Loscil's Plume is perfect for lazy warm weather listening. This is dovetailing nicely with the seemless mellow of The Sea And Cake's latest.

Much to the puzzlement of nearly everyone (including myself), I've somehow grown to enjoy The Decemberists. Disturbing though it may be, it turns out that I think The Crane Wife is pretty darned good. What's happening to me?

See also:
The 'Tops of My Pops' archives

No comments: