Sunday, December 23, 2007

Tops of My Pops for 12/23/07

A weekly look at what I'm listening to, from my Last.fm user stats:
Top Artists for the week ending December 23, 2007
1. DJ Z-Trip
1. Beck
3. Radiohead
4. The Kleptones
4. Kiln
6. Beastie Boys
6. Nine Inch Nails
6. k-os
9. The Bees
9. David Bowie
9. Spoon
9. Klimek
9. Josh Rouse
Quick hits:
  • Z-Trip's All Pro soundtrack is unfortunately not scratching my turntablist itch the way Shifting Gears did so well.
  • Kiln has released a nice album (Dusker) and ep (Vaporbend) that occupy the crossroads where crisp electronics meet noise and ambient.
  • Speaking of ambient, my buddy mrkvm turned me on to Klimek's interesting Dedications. Executed by Sebastian Meissner under one of his many aliases, it's not necessarily cohesive as an album but the individual tracks are very nice (and trying guess how the varied individuals influenced the compositions dedicated to them is fun).
See also:
The 'Tops of My Pops' archives

No comments: