Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Who wants to be a Rockstar (Supernova)?

“I could make a transformation as a rock & roll star”
– David Bowie, “Star”
There's no explanation for my fascination with Rockstar: Supernova:
  • I don't like reality shows (yet my wife's got me into watching several with her now).
  • I don't like any of the bands that Tommy Lee, Gilby Clarke or Jason Newsted have been associated with (okay, I did used to have a thing for Voivod pre-Jason).
  • I don't think the band is going to be any good once they actually find a lead singer (because Tommy, Gilby and Jason have already written all the songs for the first album ahead of time).
See? Here I am rationalizing about it. The truth is:
  • I watch every episode.
  • I have a favorite “rocker” (Lukas Rossi).
  • I log onto MSN and vote for him every week.
  • I laugh at Dave Navarro.
  • I shudder at Brooke Burke's fashion sense.
  • I marvel at Tommy's celebrity (I'm convinced he's the Jack Nicholson of Rock).
Sick, sick, sick. It's a sickness.

No comments: